He Shares My Life - I Share His

Before I begin this snippet, I want to share with my readers my web site video page. This link will take you to the page where I post recent teaching videos. So if you would like more teaching from me, that is where you can access it on the web. There are many more video's on YouTube also. The teachings are a bit under an hour long and presently all (on this site) are from the book of Ephesians. These were recorded this winter season during our Friday Fellowship meetings. http://www.psalm19ministries.org/videos.html

Now on to our Scripture:
"Whatever you do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father, through him." Colossians 3:17 NHEB
This passage brings us face to face with a massive truth in Christ that is most generally misunderstood. None of these instructions are any attempt by the Holy Spirit through Paul to get us back into self-effort. Instead, they are instructions about faith-living in the grace lavished life of our Lord.

When we become Christians, we are automatically and immediately placed into the body of Christ. That placement is a radically different postion that we have ever envisioned. It is both spiritual and literal. We are spiritually seated with Him on the right hand of the Father above, and literally a part of His body walking the earth. He is our head and we are His body. We all know these truths.

However, what we have not often understood is that this means He does everything with us. He is in us, living and breathing and thinking and acting with us. He does not hop out just because we might choose something inappropriate. He is with us, in us, empowering us.

So when we begin to understand that not only has He  joined our life, our faith (action originating in belief, based in confidence) joins Him in what He is doing. In other words, He has joined us, we have joined Him and our actions are mutually intertwined. So as we choose to trust Him, we begin to join Him in His action and thoughts and loves. So what He does, we do. (Jesus said it this way, "I only do what I see my Father doing." and "I only say what my Father says," and "I only teach what my Father has taught [or shown] me)."

Ahhhh - now we see the problem. This causes a change in our thinking about our personal identity. We are His brothers, sisters, Bride. We are sons and daughters of Almighty God through Christ! We sit with Christ in heavenly places. Therefore, we are empowered to do all in His name in thanksgiving! It is an awesome calling, empowerment and joy! It will change our behavior from one of self-effort into one of shared action and word in His power.

Lord, You have chosen to identify with us. So today we choose to embrace our identity in You. So as "we" live our moments, we choose to do, and say all in You, Your prompting, Your power, Your flow. WOW! What a marvelous, miraculous identity you have given us in Your Heart! We can hardly take it all in. But we choose You - always. Thank you for the reminder of Your greatness though those who choose to believe and live - trusting you.

Comments

Popular Posts